Wednesday, April 22, 2015

enough, already!

One of the down sides to doing armies or larger skirmish factions rather than the individual figures of a small scale skirmish game is that you find yourself painting very similar stuff for an extended period of time.  Its not quite as bad as when painting a larger wargame army, such as the ancient greek (spartan) army I painted last year which comprised of 200 figures and most of them were hoplites, but now that I am plotting my progress on this blog it can lead to some similar posts!  This is something that I am going to have to keep in mind during the remainder of this middle earth madness!
This post sees the last of my riders of Rohan for a while, at least non character models which is all I have left for these.  As I suspected being back at school has slowed down my painting progress and although I have managed to complete 6 more models, some of the work was completed while I was still on holiday, leaving only a few bits to do to finish off.
On a happy note, my order of new paints and models came through yesterday, so as well as having more figures to paint, I also have some more static grass with which to finish the bases.
So here are the first 3 riders, again grouped by shield colours.  I am still not convinced by the horses being balanced on one leg as this does lead to the occasionally droopy pose but these are not too bad.
 I have tried to vary the colours of the horses as much as possible while still retaining the benefits of group painting.
 The final group of riders, again grouped by shield colours.

 A group shot of the final six riders.
 And all 15 mounted warriors of Rohan.  I am not sure whether I will paint more.  Part of me thinks that this is not enough for the games I have in mind but until I actually start playing with them, 15 is more than enough!

My target for the remainder of the week is to finish the basing of all of the figures that have been painted over the last two weeks.  After that, hopefully a few more figures - probably Uruk Hai but possibly moria goblins or even the wargs I received in my parcel!

11 comments:

  1. Looking good...and four colours for the horses is plenty of variety!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and with black and white socks for added variety I think that will do:)

      Delete
  2. Its never fun to paint to much of the same typ of models... but your Rohan riders looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't mind painting armies of stuff but I am aware that it does lead to repetitive blog posts.

      Delete
  3. Your horse colors and socks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Lovely looking cavalry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am realizing now that it might as well just be my boredom with the Submariners and fake rolex Datejusts speaking, but as I was reviewing my images on the spot on the camera’s screen fake Rolex (not even a larger, better display) I realized the many intricate and well-made details of replica rolex the Yacht-Master II. It’s proper Rolex through and through – you’d never ever mistake the entire watch or any of its details fake watches for anything but a Rolex – but at the same time its functionality, layout, as well as its rolex replica case and dial design are all refreshingly unique.

    ReplyDelete

  6. This are new articles style for you. เล่นบาคาร่าได้เงินจริง You can find some new idea on this. เล่นบาคาร่าได้เงินจริง It might help you to write or think some new idea.
    เล่นบาคาร่าได้เงินจริง Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.
    เล่นบาคาร่าได้เงินจริง I am very glad for reading my articles

    ReplyDelete

  7. This Is Really Useful And Nice Information. เล่นบาคาร่าได้เงินจริง
    This are such great articles. เล่นบาคาร่าได้เงินจริง This articles can help you to make some new ideas.
    เล่นบาคาร่าได้เงินจริง I appreciate for reading my blogs.


    ReplyDelete